Monday, January 27, 2014

Letter #18 January 27, 2014

Hola Everyone!!

This has been a slow week here and we don't have much to write about. But to start off with we didn't get to go to Posadas because the Marquez family was missing some paper work and weren't able to get married.  They will be baptized this coming Saturday if all goes well!  We visited a lot of less active members this week in an attempt to raise the church attendance, and we also moved Sacrament meeting to the end of the block to try and catch those members that just cant make it out of bed in the morning.  That said we only had 15 members in Sacrament meeting this past week and that is counting us 4 missionaries ha ha.  We visited a lot of members that live really far outside of San Vicente to.  We walked probably 10 km to see 1 member.  Pretty crazy some of the places these people live!!  We also decided this last week to make some changes in the apartment.  We moved all the furniture around and made the Pinch our own!! The Elders before us were pretty crazy we were told so we decided to clean the whole thing and make it more comfortable for us.  After we had done this the pinch immediately had a stronger spirit in it.  Mom you were right cleanliness really is next to Godliness ha ha.  We also had the opportunity this week to dedicate some homes.  Elder Izurieta and I knelt in 2 separate homes this week and dedicated them to the Lord and it was a really cool experience.  Something that I had never been a part of before.  Also this last week we had a couple ask Elder Izurieta and I to bless their baby.  Next week in Sacrament meeting we will bless Miguel Rueben Alberto Velasco.  Quite the mouth full.  Probably the biggest thing this week is that we discovered the slow motion camera and the hyper speed video function on my camera.  Needless to say we haven't been bored very often!!!  It is also a good way for me to get to know the kids here even though I cant speak to them fluently!!  We ate with Hermana Navarro yesterday and she normally makes really good food!!! When we got there her sisters family was there to.  Her sister made these HUGE empanadas and I didn't want to be rude so I grabbed one.  It was freakin gross ha ha.  I don't know what was in it but I had never had it before!!! I ate the whole thing and then was happy it was over.  We got back to the pinch last night and i was fine.  When I woke up this morning I thought I was dying!!  I was so sick and I knew it was from the empanada.  So this is the 3rd time I have been sick here in Argentina and now I am on a strict diet of ... Nothing.  Lets hope this doesn't continue long.  I have gotten really into my studies this week to!  Its amazing how much I have learned in just the last week!!  I started reading Jesus the Christ and I have to read every sentence like 4 times to understand him!!  This has been a very different week but I am learning a lot!

Thanks so much for all of your prayers and just being great people!!! I Love you all more than french toast!!

Elder Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment