Monday, December 16, 2013

Letter #11 - December 16, 2013

Hello-
This week kicked my butt.  We talked a lot about Christmas this past week and watched a few families sit under their lights and trees, and it made me super homesick.  We had a lot of success this week but I miss everyone and the thought of 2 years is killing me.
Anyways onto things that don't make me sound like a whiner.  We found a new family who is progressing very fast!! We taught them lessons 1, 2, and 3 in a week.  They also attended church this week as well as a baptismal service on Saturday.  The parents both have addictions to alcohol and smoking so pray for them!! We had a kneeling prayer with them, and Mario, the father of the house, prayed for strength and then began to cry.  The spirit is super strong with that family!  We also went to teach Maria, Bonifacio`s wife, and she told us that Bonifacio had come home the night before super drunk. He had relapsed.  She began to cry as she told us how sick and tired she was and how her father had died of alcoholism.  I immediately thought to talk to her about Joseph Smith and the trials he went through.  I shared D&C 121: 7·8.  I talked about why we have challenges and then I felt impressed to ask if she wanted a blessing. We explained what that was and Elder Merrill gave her a blessing and she told us she felt a little better afterwards! She is one strong woman!  We had a lot of distractions this week ha ha.  Elder Worthington was transferred back so we are a trio again which is fine.  It means I have to pay less for a Remis (Taxi).  We also bought AIR CONDITIONING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so pumped to not wake up covered in sweat!!! Also we can close the windows so I don't get eaten by mosquito's anymore! Maybe that is why I have lost so much weight its just from blood loss!!  This week I hit a milestone.  I have officially lost 20 LBS in 3 weeks ha ha.  We have hit triple digits almost everyday this week and it is killing me. I did get the package from the Jacobsen Family though and I forgot how delicious American food is ha ha.  I have set a goal to eat healthy and exercise every day but the Hi-Chews are so good!!!  Here guys where ankle bracelets and stuff so i took one of the bracelets the littles made and it is on my ankle right now ha ha.  I hope everyone is doing good and staying safe!!! Keep writing and praying for me cause I can't do this alone.  I love all of you and pray for you constantly!!
 
Love Elder Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment