Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Letter #2 - Oct 19, 2013


HOLA MI FAMILIA y MI AMIGOS!!!!

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYLEE AND SAWYER AND JUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!!! This week has been one that seemed to fly by!!!  We finished teaching our first investigator Benny on Thursday and he had been reading the Book of Mormon as well as the pamphlets we had given him. He was a Golden investigator and Elder Duke and I are very excited to start our new investigator on Monday.  We have been working hard and studying Spanish everyday.  We can truly see the Hand of the Lord in our lives everyday!  My testimony has grown so much in just 10 days here in the MTC.  I plead with Father in Heaven every night to keep you all safe and I have been blessed with a peace of mind these past few days.  We do everything her at the west campus, except go up to Main campus on Tuesday nights.  This last Tuesday night, Elder Dallin H. Oaks came and taught us. It was such a neat Experience to be in the presence of an apostle of the Lord.  He talked about the things that make our church the only true church on earth.  One thing that he said to us that i would like to share with all of you is that in the pre-existence all of us not only chose the Fathers plan, but we FOUGHT for it.  We stood side by side with some of the greatest and most righteous men and women in the history of the world, and I want all of us to live in such a way that one day people can say that in Heaven they fought alone side some of the most special people ever and they will be talking about us!  The gospel of Jesus Christ has brought me so much joy and I am so excited to live it stronger than ever these next 2 years.  
On a lighter note I have an update on the Elder Cheney situation.  So it turns out that the prank Elder Cheney pulled on us is a tradition of Zone 135.  It is called SPOF which is German for stupid.  This last week we got 2 new districts in our zone and I was chosen to be the SPOF.  It was so much fun but it sucked all at the same time.  There are 3 requirements to be the spof.  1) You cant talk 2) You have to keep a pen in your mouth the entire time 3) You have to do everything you can to creep out the newbies!  It was the longest 3 days of my life!!!  I didn’t eat a full meal, or talk for 3 days because I was busy acting super creepy and messing with the new Elders and Sisters.  I would sabotage their food by putting salt all over it, or try and feed them with my hands.  I would turn off lights or draw creepy pictures just for the sheer fun of watching their reactions.  They began to try and befriend me and draw me pictures.  By day 3 they had all become totally enveloped in the idea of a crazy guy being in their Zone.  I broke the news to them last night that i was just kidding that whole time and I got mixed reactions.  The Elders thought it was hilarious, the Sisters on the other hand were annoyed and thought I was immature HAHA!!  I had a great time but I am glad that it is over.  I now have red marks from my pen on my cheeks and I am so hungry!!  Anyways... I'm loving my mission so far but I miss all of you dearly.  My new thing I do is put on sad music and look at pictures.  I don't know why I do it because it makes me emotional but I want all of you to send me pictures!!! I hope to get letters from you all soon and pictures are loved and appreciated!! But if I have to tell Elders one more time that Rylee is not going to write them I’m going to hit them!!! I pray for you and love you all with every fiber of my being!! 

Love Elder Easton Ryan Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment